Thursday, March 30, 2006

Reflections on your thoughts

I agree. I also think that you can let go, although only some people are capable of surviving without being in constant communication. Its interesting that people dont understand when you dont answer your phone, god forbid you dont carry it around with you everywhere - in the shower, to hang the washing up, to go to a friends house. I must admit I still enjoy being able to be contacted this easily, as it is a means for a more spontaneous lifestyle but I am occasionally still a victim of that insecurity when I send an SMS or voice mail and don't get a reply within the next 2 hours (or something equally ridiculous).

That said, I am letting go. SMS/voice mail/etc should only be a means to contact a person - not to pour your heart out or hinge your whole weekends activities on. You can discuss these things when you actually speak - or better still, see the person - where communication is more than words on a screen or a monotone voice through a speaker.
I resolve to use the communication only as a tool for real experiences with people. Please join my crusade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home